You know they say you learn something new every day, and I like to think that it is pretty accurate. But my brain isn’t quite big enough to remember ALL of them. SO here’s the key things I’ve learnt, and apparently consider important enough information to actually hold on to, in my 25th year on this oh so glorious planet that we call home. The things I’ve learnt before turning 25.
- Collecting Vogue is actually quite pointless nowadays.
- Saving for a house, and enjoying the ‘fuck it YOLO’ life of a millennial, really do not work hand in hand. No shit.
- Saying no is ok. Laziness is the only reason that is not a reason to say no.
- Comparison really is the thief of Joy.
- Kanye West is on a downwards spiral. As much as I love him and idolise his work. 2018 was the year I had to accept he is not ok and I need to stop defending his craziness.
- Football is not coming home.
- Making time to read books is really important for me personally. I think be rule of thumb, once a bookworm, always a bookworm, at least deep down. It is always going to feel great to get stuck in to a good book. It’s a feeling you can’t beat with watching a YouTube video.
- Santorini is as beautiful in real life as it is on Instagram.
- J.M.E is Skepta’s brother. Who knew? Apparently not me, until 2018.
- I am more jealous of people with beautiful homes and dogs than people with beautiful clothes and faces.
- Listening to podcasts is, pretty much, my favourite pass-time. But this needs a whole other post to go into detail of what I love.
- The Gym is really not for me. Not whilst in a 9-5 anyway.
- The UK can give me the worst sun burn of my life. As a 25 year old pale skin ginger, you would think Id have already learnt to ALWAYS re-apply suncream.
- Everything in your life could change in a heartbeat, so make the most of everything you have and love now, while you still have it.
- Getting drunk is overrated.
- I have a severe candle buying addiction, it’s practically an additional direct debit onto my monthly expenses, but it makes me really happy.
- Bradley Cooper is fast becoming my dream man and Lady Gaga deserves an Oscar.
- Instagram is quite a demoralising platform. I still enjoy using it (sometimes), but it’s not great for anyone’s mental health.
- Lying on a public patch of grass on a glorious sunny day feels fantastic and freeing.
- A simple skin care routine is probably the one that’s going to work for you. Don’t fall into a trap of buying and using things you don’t need for your skin.
- Cooking is really therapeutic. And by cooking I mean a full meal from scratch, not throwing a ready meal in for 25 minutes, just to clarify.
- Uber Eats is a waste of time, always stick to Deliveroo or Just Eat if you actually want to receive your food.
- A ‘night out’ no longer involves going to a club and I am more than happy about that. Give me a classic pub and some good food any day. And I would also like to get home to bed for a reasonable hour.
- You don’t need a new wardrobe even season. It’s a great thing to take pride and love in the pieces you own and re-wear them year in, year out. Quality over quantity is more important now than it ever had been. It’s also fun to put more effort and creativity into re-styling the same old and loved clothes.
- I feel sorry for Theresa May.
Shop the Look:
So there you have it, the 25 things I learnt before turning 25. Here’s to the 26 things I’ll learn this year! Although I hope it doesn’t go too quickly!